< Back to PANDORAHUB
< Our upcoming rural adventure, a road trip to nomad friendly villages
What is our purpose?
In the city it is a miracle finding somebody smiling in the morning commute. It can be really hard to feel emotionally connected to a urban work. Finding purpose in what we do and conciliating personal with professional life sounds nowadays more like a privileged of a few. Life costs less and is more worthy outside the city. We find natural environments much more appropriate for productivity, business growth and career rethinking. We at PANDORAHUB have proven that putting more rural life in your life dramatically increases your life quality and overall levels of happiness. Now we want to spread this practice.
How do we do it?
We want to ignite the human, intellectual and economic value exchange in rural areas in Spain. Combining the good things of business and entrepreneurial practices (such as results-driven thinking, innovation, human centred design), together with practices and disciplines that work in harmony with oneself, others and nature (such as permaculture, bio-construction, organic farming, physical and intellectual wellness, alternative education, etc.). Our ambition, in the medium and long run, is to achieve a more equitable distribution of knowledge, wealth, and hence population throughout the territory.
We will restore and revive our rural areas empowering business growth, rural co-working, entrepreneurship, career shifting, self-employment, alternative education and permaculture programs.
We will turn our villages into knowledge and humanity hubs where to acquire new skills for business and personal growth. Self-sustainable spaces providing an affordable and flexible co-ownership model of accommodation. We will explore housing formulas that combine co-housing, crowdequity, crowdfunding ad village roaming and rural resettlement with short term accommodation for workation or specific business acceleration programs.
What shape will PANDORAHUB take?
PANDORAHUB is not be a place in the map. We want to build a community of conscious makers distributed thorough a network of villages amongst our territory. Talented, curious, resilient and powerful individuals both human and professionally.
We will generate rich, inclusive, vibrant, healthy, inter-generational and diverse rural communities. We will focus on integrating the newcomers from cities in Spain and abroad with the locals by promoting knowledge skills-sharing and inter-generational programs and free language courses.
< Our upcoming rural adventure, a road trip to nomad friendly villages
7 good reasons why we believe in PANDORAHUB
1) We have a plethora of locations to create this specific setup: In Spain there are more than 3,000 abandoned villages and other thousands yearly suffering depopulation. Remote and not so remote places holding a stunning and picturesque appearance, as well as great natural values. Places with apparently no future. Many of them are strategically located near rivers or natural water sources. 3/4 of them are being sold as a whole to private international owners. PANDORAHUB is willing to pursue a social an economic alternative to this private expropriation of our patrimony.
2) We want to reinvent the good life, the cult for the authentic and the return to the origins: The orthodox capitalism is in crisis; a romantic desire to recover our identity through a return to our origins permeates the room. We are above all aware of this, we who live most of our time in the city and suffer daily from total disconnection with nature. The decline of pure materialism increases our awareness and respect for the environment, the conscious consumption, the will to live a healthier, the organic local food, the second hand and vintage fashion… We need to reconnect with our roots, with nature, to go back to basics and restore our good habits. We are obsessed with the taste of real food, we are excited to revisit the places of our childhood. We want to put in practice the good life and the good eating but with a healthy twist. We are appealing to our instincts, to the authentic and passionate character that defines our people.
At PANDHORAHUB we want to democratize the good life. We believe that in the villages it is easy and more affordable to live well, eat healthy and stay conscious. We will bring organic farming to rural areas following permaculture and agroecology principles. We will optimise the waste, resources and energy management in every location we act. We want to build healthy and self-sufficient communities in terms of human, energy and food perspectives. In addition to professional and business growth, PANDORAHUB will include programs aimed at cultivating the self from a pragmatic and non-dogmaitc perspective. We will also embed techniques like yoga and meditation in our professional programs. As this practices has become the secret sauce of game changers in our generation as extreme boosters for performance and efficiency levels.
3) Unemployment is a great place to start: Half of our youngsters are unemployed. Most of them are talented and competitive. The natural consequence is the rise of need-driven startup creation. Most of them will fail but the fact is that reiventing oneself professionally is for much the best way of making a sustainable and fulfilling living. PANDHORAHUB’s designs and purses startup programs specially addressed to entrepreneurial and / or talented individuals who want to thrive and grow without the need of private investment.
4) We are literally living in the co-working era: As a coworker, what you find is much more then a shared office. A shared vibrant working environment where entrepreneurs and professionals mingle around, pursues far more value than the false security of working in a cubicle for a big corp. Apart from startups, free lancers, proactive profiles and makers, the co-working spaces and ecosystems are likely to be far more appealing than big corps for top professionals that doesn't need a boss anymore in order to succeed. The same ones that paradoxically big corps are looking for. So talent war between co-working spaces / location independent work models and big corporations has begun. This is why PANDORAHUB proposes a lifestyle addressed to melt work with life, introducing balance between working in the city and co-working/co-living in a rural areas. Surrounding yourself by nature, stare a wild landscape while concentrating in something intense, staying in a remote space where to learn something new while having fun and discovering new rural spots. This explosive mixture is specially addressed to entrepreneurs and professionals looking for inspiration and accelerating their business ideas. PANDHORAHUB will provide rural areas with community building services, contents and programas in order to creating inspirational working and living environments.
5) “Workation” is coming strong and 100% sedentary travel gives way to active tourism and digital nomadism: By combining the practice of travel for leisure and co-working in remote locations, you will get digital nomadism. People who can work remotely and take the opportunity to do so from the places they love. We believe that our country, our culture, our cuisine, our authenticity ... are a natural attraction for digital nomads and tourist in the broadest sense. Remote co-workers and conscious tourists are coming from around the world in the search of a true immersion experience in our culture. PANDORAHUB is constantly scouting authentic local rural communities who we are eager to open to the world.
6) Nature and real vocation as alternatives to traditional education and purposeless job creation: We do not need much to show that the current educational model based on the award-punishment and automatic storage of contents is obsolete. The traditional school has created professionals who are trained to think that it is all about working for a salary, that everything in life requires sacrifice. But the combination between sacrifice and unfulfilment cause by a meaningless job is the best recipe for unhappiness. We use to be those unfulfilled professionals. We have reached the limit of dissatisfaction to reveal and reinvent ourselves. And we want to keep our children far from this reality by providing an alternative pupil-centred education.
We have visited educational initiatives outside the canon and we have seen that there are alternative approaches instead based on mastering strengths instead of fixing weaknesses. Green shcools and conscious schools that also incorporate values such as sustainability, recycling, composting and respect for the environment as a subject, where they favor nature to become a teacher in the process of learning. We have seen that these approaches exponentially promote learning processes. This is because our brains better retain knowledge when associated with positive emotions rather than with negative ones.
PANDORAHUB is eager to develop and provide an alternative educational model in rural areas, based on worldwide best practices.
PANDORAHUB also wants to accompany ad hoc methodologies and provide resources to fathers, mothers and / or professionals who have reached the limit of dissatisfaction or who simply are willing to take the challenge to turn their passions into a sustainable way of life.
7) The impoverishment of families and the social project: Unfortunately in Spain is every day more difficult rising a family. Many Spanish households can not or are tired of paying the price of life in the city. More and more families have every day less opportunities in cities, have lost their jobs, house-holders are long-term unemployed, or even have lost their home. Many of these families come from the building industry and master this practice, crafts, restoration, carpentry, etc. Professions of great value for an abandoned villages recovery project as PANDHORAHUB. We want to build a social project attached to the profit project, addressed to offer retraining programs in permaculture, bioarchitecture, bio-buidlign and organic farming these families holders so that they can apply these skills in the reconstruction and maintenance of PANDORAHUB villages. In return PANDORAHUB would offered a home and a worthy life. In order to optimally channel opportunities for these families, PANDORAHUB will establish partnerships with relevant NGO’s social organizations supporting impoverished families and individuals.